Intensive In-Home Counseling (IIH)
Licensed through the Virginia Department ofBehavioral Health and Developmental Services
IIH program is about strengthening the individual and family unity and improving the families ability to function. UCS provides counseling (treatment support) in the homes of families who are in danger of having their children removed and placed in foster care or other institutional settings. UCS program focuses on behavior modification, crisis intervention, problem-solving, anger management and linking individuals to community resources to address present behaviors.
Who Is Eligible?
PROGRAM SERVICES CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS AGES 5-19 YEARS OLD
Must Meet 2 of the Criterias' to qualify:
* Has an identifiable mental illness diagnosed by a psychologist that results in significant functional impairment
* At risk from being removed from the home due to behavior
* Difficulty maintaining appropriate relationships due to mental, behavioral or emotional issues
* Exhibits inappropriate behavior that requires frequent interventions by outside services are needed
* Exhibits difficulty in cognitive ability to such a degree that they are unable to recognize danger